Tournament of the Century - The Heroes4 rules.

Если вас что-то интересует по Героям 4, то вам сюда
Текущая версия HoMM4: Equilibris 3.51
Chameleon
Azure Dragon
Почетный член КС — Honored Member
Контактная информация:

10 дек 2003, 22:56Сообщение

Destination of this topic - discussion rules and schedule of the "Tournament of the Century" (Heroes4 version). In English, only.
CMEPTb, Little Angel of Death
"Если ничто другое не помогает, прочтите, наконец, инструкцию." - Аксиома Кана
Последний раз редактировалось Chameleon 10 дек 2003, 23:07, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Hoher
Fairy Dragon
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

11 дек 2003, 11:17Сообщение

preliminary general rules
Tournament of the Century!
1) Participants of the Tournament:
The team of Heroic Corner www.heroes.ag.ru
The team of the HeroesPortal www.heroesportal.net
The team of the HeroesLeague www.heroesleague.ru
The Polic team http://heroes.net.pl
The ArchangelCastle team www.archangelcastle.com
The ToH team www.toheroes.com

2) Combats:
Participants of the Tournament will have to face each other in three different kinds of combat:
3.1) Online
3.2) Fastest conquer of the map.
3.3) Fight on the arena using the army gathered within the given limited time.
3) Teammates limit: the least number of teammates is 3, there is no upper bound. The team
should have a captain authorized to solve disputable questions. He is responsible for training
the team to the combat; he also chooses three players for each kind of battle.
4) Winner:
The player gains points for his team in each type of the battle.

Online:
Each team picks three players to defend its honor in fights against other teams.
The battles are face to face. Each player is to stand two fights against one representative of
an opposite team.
The lot is cast to find out the opposing parties. Each victory means 1 point to the team.
Summing up: maximum possible score for online fights for one team is 6 points, total of points

Fastest conquer of the map:
Each team picks three players. Then the groups of three opposing players from different teams
are formed. Each group is sent a save, where the players should defeat all computer players
within the shortest possible time term. The winner of the group gets 2 points, the second best
player - 1 point.
Summing up: maximum possible score for 1 team is 6 points, total of points - 9.

Group arena battle:
Each team chooses three representatives. All teams are sent three saves. The final army of the
team consists of the armies of each representative of the team. The saves sent by the
participants should allow creation of the army without shifts in positions of troops or
monsters. If some slots do not coincide the organizers have the right to delete any of the slots
not coinciding. In uniting the saves similar slots of units are summed up, artifacts, scrolls,
etc, are not redistributed among heroes. United armies are engaged in a battle, the victory
brings 1 point to each player, thus the team gains 3 points.
Summing up: maximum possible score for 1 team is 6 points, total of points - 9.

Time term of the team tournament and rules and maps will be specified after they are agreed
with all the parties concerned.
If the tournament is interesting for you, feel free to offer your scheme of competition, the
one your players are best at, and it will be included into the tournament. These rules are just
a project of the future rules. We can discuss any changes if you want to take part in our
tournament but you don't like some rules.

Here is preliminary plan of tournament:
http://www.heroesleague.ru/tournaments/age4.html

The rules of the on-line round

1. These rules are recommended. If both players agree to change one or several rules – they are free to do it. If they can not reach the agreement, these rules apply.
2. The tour is being held using HoMM-IV: Equilibris v.3.3 English version.
(http://www.zone.ee/homm4/eng) (or Winds of War as a second option)
3. Every team consists of 3 players. (The list of players must be submitted to the **Council by the Team-captains before the tour starts.) Every player will fight one of the players from opposing teams on-line. So, if there will be 3 teams - each player will play 2 games.
4. Every game has a limit of 2 weeks. The deadline is set, after which the game is considered not held, and no points are adjudged.
5. Recommended game difficulty - Advanced (3-rd), time limit - 4 minutes, stationary guards. Both players can agree on any other settings.
6. Rules limitations:
6.1. (applies if Winds of War is chosen) the hero is not allowed to develop Grandmaster Necromancy. If hero breaks this rule, he (she) must be killed in 3 turns and never brought back to life. Raising Vampires using the Grandmaster Necromancy skill is punished by loss of the game.
6.2. Using any bugs of the game, even not intentionally, is prohibited. If you are unsure if some specific action uses some bug, you should ask the **Council. Using game bugs is punished by loss of the tournament.
7. Player, who lost all his towns and armies, loses the game. If player lost all his towns and did not reclaim any in 7 days, he (she) loses the game.
8. Map choice. The following maps will be used for the on-line tour: (preliminarily)
Heart of Winter
Plains of Despair
Shallow by the Game
If These Walls Could Talk
Circle of Life
Boring's Mountain
9. The map is chosen by subsequent removal of maps from the list by players - one after another. The player, which chooses the map (removes second last map, so there is only one left), has the right to choose starting alignment.
10. Alignment choice. Prior to choosing alignment, each player can ban one of the alignments, if he (she) wishes to do so. After that neither player nor his opponent can choose this alignment. After this optional alignment ban the player who chose the map has to choose his alignment first. He (she) also chooses the starting position. His (her) opponent gets the right to make the first move (will be the host) and to choose his (her) alignment the latter. He (she) can choose the same alignment, as the opponent has.
11. Every game has it's time limit - the 2-nd month, 3-rd week, 7-th day. If the game is not finished by this time - by the end of this day the player must leave only 1 army - the rest of the armies must be in towns, mines, garrisons, etc. This save must be sent to the **Council before the deadline. **The Council will create the save of arena with 2 armies - exact copies of players' armies. Players fight this final battle and the winner wins the game.
12. Long battles with neutrals are prohibited. If there are more than 10 minutes delays, the player can complain to the council.
12.1. Examples of long battles: 1 sprite fights 100 zombies, or level 2 Necromancer with Poison and Fatigue fights 20 Behemoths. These battles can be won easily, but they are too much time consuming.
ATTN: the rule does not apply to the battles between players.
13. In battles between players there can be stalemate situation. Example - one player has 10 imps, the other has 100 Ogre-Mages. Imps can fly over the battlefield and Ogre-Mages have no chance to catch them up. In such situations the attacker must flee or surrender. If Shackles of War artefact is present - the battle must be finished in autocombat mode.
14. If the connection is broken for some reason (unstable connection, hangup of the game) - game must be restarted from autosave and player must make the same moves and actions he (she) did before hangup, even in battles, if possible.
15. **The Council has the right to change the rules at any time. In this case players must be informed before the game has started. During the game rules can not be altered.

Rules of “The speed round”.

1. The round is being held using HoMM4: “Winds of War”
2. Every team consists of 3 players. (The list of players must be submitted to the **Council by the Team-captains before the tour starts.)
3. All players are to be divided into three groups. Each group will contain each team’s player. Thus, number of each group’s persons will be equal to number of teams.
4. Each group is to be provided with its own saves. Game’s purpose is to beat all computer players or achieve a victory through some different way, if it is stipulated in the map, within the minimum possible time term.
5. Player must save game before end of the game (if the game ends after a fight, saving before the last blow is required), then send this saving game to the **Council before dead-line time. Every game of this round has a limit of 2 weeks. The deadline is set, after which the players save is not considered.
7. The winner will be a player, who achieves the victory in the game for minimum days. In case of achieving a victory by several players for the same number of days the winner will be that player who, have been given more prize points for his victory in the game.
8. All players are required to do daily savings and keep them before the end of the tournament. In case of accusing a player unfair playing the **Council will request about some of these savings.
9. Using any bugs of the game, even not intentionally, is prohibited. If you are unsure if some specific action uses some bug, you should ask the **Council. Using game bugs is punished by loss of the tournament.
10.**The Council has the right to change the rules at any time. In this case players must be informed before the game has started. During the game rules can not be altered.

The rules of “The team round”

1. The tour is being held using “HoMM4: Winds of War”.
2. Every team consists of 3 players. (The list of players must be submitted to the **Council by the Team-captains before the tour starts.)
3. Fights between teams are carried out on a circular basis; two weeks are given for each fight.
4. Fighting teams get three different saves from the same map. There will be commutable starting alignment in the saves.
5. The saves are to be distributed among the team’s players by the captain. All participants play on their save as many days as is indicated in the round’s description. They must gather armies during the fixed time (usually 29 days). These armies will be united in the common team army.
6. Two real time weeks are given for each game. As this time passes each team participant must send his save, where he has assembled a part of the team army. Otherwise, his army won’t be included in the team one.
7. All players are required to do daily savings and keep them before end of the round. In case of accusing a player unfair playing the **Council will request some of these saves.
8. Using cheat-codes, game’s bugs, cracking saves and manipulating players via multiplayer is prohibited; violating is punished with losing the round. If a player/team gets a suspicion that his/their rivals have used cheat-codes, bugs, savings’ cracks during passing the map the captain must inform the **Council. The **Council must check this player’s map passing, asking him for daily savings and description of his actions.
9. The final army of the team is formed out of each team participant’s armies. The participants submit their saves in a way so that while uniting the common army could be assembled without necessity of changing troops’ location or monsters. In case of not coinciding any slots the organizers reserve the right to remove any of them. While uniting savings the same slots of units are put together; artifacts, scrolls and other things are not distributed among the heroes.
10. Arena is created by the organizers. It is used in its turn for accumulating the armies of all participants representing fighting teams; the armies of all team members are united in the common team army.
11. The fight between team armies makes a winner. The verdict is pronounced by the **Council. In case of disagreement with it teams’ captains organize an online fight at the earliest possible date, that is, appoint a player who will fight using the common army on the given saving-arena. The result of the online match will be the final result of the match.
12. **The Council has the right to change the rules at any time. In this case players must be informed before the game has started. During the game rules can not be altered.
Последний раз редактировалось Hoher 23 дек 2003, 12:30, всего редактировалось 9 раз.

Exeter
Marksman
Marksman

12 дек 2003, 01:03Сообщение

Hello everybody.
First excuse me for my very poor english (and I don't speek Russian!!!) :shock: .
I'm member of french Heroes4 league of archangelcastle website (www.archangelcastle.com , there's an english part). We're interested by your tournament :D . I'm not a very good player, but I need info about referee's work in this tournament (i'm interested by this job). Could you tell me more about it, please?
See U Soon
May the Force be with....ME!!!

Alan Prost
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

12 дек 2003, 12:04Сообщение

Exeter писал(а):Hello everybody.
First excuse me for my very poor english (and I don't speek Russian!!!) :shock: .
We are glad to see you in our community (and we don't speak russian too because we play Heroes :wink: ). We are sure that heroes language is universal. We often spell during combat: ""bless", "haste", "slow" act".
I'm member of french Heroes4 league of archangelcastle website (www.archangelcastle.com , there's an english part). We're interested by your tournament :D . I'm not a very good player, but I need info about referee's work in this tournament (i'm interested by this job). Could you tell me more about it, please?
See U Soon
Our players will answer to you.

Good luck! (and high moral :lol: )
Не уверен - не обгоняй:)

Havr
Champion
Champion
Контактная информация:

12 дек 2003, 12:51Сообщение

Exeter писал(а):I'm not a very good player, but I need info about referee's work in this tournament (i'm interested by this job). Could you tell me more about it, please?
See U Soon
Referee's work (in a few words):
1) to choose map for the tournament,
2) to make saves for the teams,
3) to check player's passages and to find out not clear moments.

Hoher
Fairy Dragon
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

12 дек 2003, 13:05Сообщение

Exeter писал(а):Hello everybody.
See U Soon
Welcome
Referee's work in on-line tour is just waiting for complaints. And only if player make complaints against another player, we'll must examine the game.
Tour of finish the game as fast as possible need more attention to players save. We must check this save for cheating and possibility passing. Players must do save every day and if we'll want to look this every days save, they must send it to us. In tour of team's arenas our behavior is the same.

I hope it's smaller clear - what is referee's work.

Exeter
Marksman
Marksman

15 дек 2003, 11:56Сообщение

Thanks for your answers,
Now, I understand more the referee's job, and I think i'm skilled to do this work! :wink:
Now, I have new questions! is there a referee team forecasted? Where can we see the laws of the tournament? Do you think all the played maps must be in english?
Thats all for the moment. :P

P.S.: Sorry, but ArchangelCastle team will be the best.....very sorry for you.......mouahahahahah :twisted:

P.P.S.: nononono, a referee MUST be impartial.......ArchangelCastle team will be the best...maybe! :wink:

Hoher
Fairy Dragon
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

17 дек 2003, 18:03Сообщение

The international tournament has the following aims:

1. To let the participants meet and get to know each other, to reinforce the connections in the World of Heroes.
2. To let the participants of the tournament learn about the rules and ways of competitions accepted in different countries and on different websites dedicated to the game uniting us all. This contributes to better understanding of peculiarities of the rules which are practically impossible to grasp simply visiting the site because of the language barrier. Better understanding of types of game and competitions will promote mutual extension of our audience, appearance of the ?new blood? in the local audiences, and thus increase the interest towards the game and sharpen the tournament itself;
3. It is undisputable that online HoMM competitions are the reason the game have won the hearts of millions all over the world. But not all the HoMM players have the opportunity to play via internet or gather in one spot to play on LAN. The reasons for this are banal ? absence of free time (3-6 hours for a game), quality and cost of connection. Online tournaments (ToH and others) hardly comprise a quarter of the huge audience of gamers. Our task is to engage in the tournaments those who have no chance to play online.
4. Such factors as 3DO?s bankruptcy and general decline of interest towards Heroes throughout the world make us think about the future of the game. Our tournament should encourage Ubisoft, show it that the game is still in demand indeed.
5. It is high time for us to find common grounds in such issues as united tournament strategy, united rating. And think about the Heroes needing an international federation of its own ? this game is far too different from the games acknowledged by WCGA.
6. Unconditional fair play.

So these are the thoughts we thought inviting players to participate in the Tournament of the Century. And it is of no importance which team will win (although the competition part of the tournament is undisputedly interesting for everyone?) ? we are dead certain that all the participants will be winners.

5 teams have confirmed their participation so far:
ArchangelCastle - AC-team
Behemoth's Lair Empire - BLE-team
HeroesLeague - HL-team
HeroesPortal - HP-team
Heroic Corner - HC-team

Types of competitions offered at the outset:
- online;
- speediest conquer of a map;
- arena battle.

This was drawn up and negotiated by three resources ? Heroes Corner (Gugolok), Heroes League and Heroes Portal. It is the realization of the clause 1 (our aims). We need the opinion of colleagues from AC and BLE ? what types of competitions they would like to add. This would be interesting for all of us. And this would mean the most unprejudiced approach towards competitions organization.

With the aim to prepare for the Tournament of the Century it is needed to create the Committee of judges and organizers which will include representatives of all the participating teams. This will let us make both preparation and conduct of the Tournament more transparent. Quite serious differences between versions of HoMM require three Committees, each coordinating regulations and rules of competitions for each version of HoMM. It is also necessary to appoint the head of each Committee, who will coordinate and organize its work. That is why I have requested 2 players from each team for each version of HoMM.

That is what we have so far:

AC-team in progress

BLE-team in progress

The following candidates have been proposed:

LEVY (levy@heroes.net.pl)
(as a captain of Behemoth's Lair Empire (BLE) team)

Mr.Pool... (mrpool@heroes.net.pl)
(as a trainer of Behemoth's Lair Empire (BLE) team)
to all contacts about tournament

HL-team

Leaders:
Horn horn@heroesleague.ru

Homm2:
GreatGenius genius@heroesleague.ru
CМЕРТЬ cmeptb@heroesleague.ru

Homm3:
Alan Prost alan@heroesleague.ru
Sophiya sophiya@heroesleague.ru

Homm4:
Hoher hoher@heroesleague.ru
Havr havr@heroesleague.ru

captain in Homm2
in progress

captain in Homm3
Antal antal@heroesleague.ru

captain in Homm4
CМЕРТЬ cmeptb@heroesleague.ru

HP-team
In progress

HC-team in progress

Leaders:
Leit leit@nm.ru

Homm2:
in progress

Homm3:
in progress

Homm4:
1. Leit leit@nm.ru
2. DaSaver mzilb@gmx.de

captain in Homm2
in progress

Captain of the team playing HoMM 3:
MaxApes max_apes@mail.ru

Captain of the team playing HoMM 4:
in progress

We think that the tournament can start in the middle of January, 2004.

What should the Committees of judges and organizers do before the beginning?

1. Work out and accommodate the regulations of the competitions with all the parties concerned and make a calendar of competitions for each version of HoMM.
2. Stipulate the rules of competitions? conduct for each type of competition in each version of HoMM. Make these rules known to every participant and make sure the rules are understood similarly by everyone.
3. Prepare the maps and provide the players with them (in the types of competitions requiring it).

What should the Committees of judges and organizers in the run of the tournament?

1. Control the schedule of competitions.
2. Prepare saves and accept them from players in offline types of competitions. Appraise and grant saves.
3. Watch over the fair play principle. Presumption of innocence is the basis principle. That means that a judge cannot accuse or suspect a player of cheating basing on his/her own assumptions. The enquiry to check for cheating should come from a player participating in the fight. In this case the judges demand saves from the player and check them. The player whose saves have been demanded considers it to be a point of honour to cooperate the judges in checking them.
4. Sum up the results of fights and announce them.
5. Consider complaints, requests and offers of players.

Above mentioned are the basic principles of organization and conduct of the Tournament ? good for all versions of HoMM. In the future I offer to separately consider regulations, rules, maps, etc. for each version of HoMM.

Sincerely yours,
Chairman of the Coordinating Committee HeroesLeague
Alexander Vinogradov aka Horn

Hoher
Fairy Dragon
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

18 дек 2003, 12:58Сообщение

The rules of on-line tour
of "Tournament of the Century"

1. These rules are recommended. If both players agree to change one or several rules – they are free to do it. If they can not reach the agreement, these rules apply.
2. The tour is being held using HoMM-IV: Equilibris v.3.3 English version.
(http://www.zone.ee/homm4/eng) (or Wind of War as a second option)
3. Every team consists of 3 players. (The list of players must be submitted to the **Council by the Team-captains before the tour starts.) Every player will fight one of the players from opposing teams on-line. So, if there will be 3 teams - each player will play 2 games.
4. Every game has a limit of 2 weeks. The deadline is set, after which the game is considered ot held, and no points are adjudged.
5. Recommended game difficulty - Advanced (3-rd), time limit - 4 minutes, stationary guards. Both players can agree on any other settings.
6. Rules limitations:
6.1. (applies if Winds of War is chosen) the hero is not allowed to develop Grandmaster Necromancy. If hero breaks this rule, he (she) must be killed in 3 turns and never brought back to life. Raising Vampires using the Grandmaster Necromancy skill is punished by loss of the game.
6.2. Using any bugs of the game, even not intentionally, is prohibited. If you are unsure if some specific action uses some bug, you should ask the **Council. Using game bugs is punished by loss of the tournament.
7. Player, who lost all his towns and armies, lose the game. If player lost all his towns and did not reclaim any in 7 days, he (she) lose the game.
8. Map choice. The following maps will be used for the on-line tour: (preliminarily)
Heart of Winter
Plains of Despair
Shallow by the Game
If These Walls Could Talk
Circle of Life
Boring's Mountain
9. The map is chosen by subsequent removal of maps from the list by players - one after another. The player, which chooses the map (removes second last map, so there is only one left), has the right to choose starting alignment.
10. Alignment choice. Prior to choosing alignment, each player can ban one of the alignments, if he (she) wishes to do so. After than neither player nor his opponent can choose this alignment. After this optional alignment ban the player who choose the map must to choose his alignment first. He (she) also chooses the starting position. His (her) opponent gets the right to make the first move (will be the host) and to choose his (her) alignment the latter. He (she) can choose the same alignment, as the opponent has.
11. Every game has it's time limit - the 2-nd month, 3-rd week, 7-th day. If the game is not finished by this time - by the end of this day the player must leave only 1 army - the rest of the armies must be in towns, mines, garrisons, etc. This save must be sent to the **Council before the deadline. **The Council will create the save of arena with 2 armies - exact copies of players' armies. Players fight this final battle and the winner wins the game.
12. Long battles with neutrals are prohibited. If there are ore than 10 minutes delays, the player can complain to the council.
12.1. Examples of long battles: 1 sprite fights 100 zombies, or level 2 Necromancer with Poison and Fatigue fights 20 Behemoths. These battles can be won easily, but they are too much time consuming.
ATTN: the rule does not apply to the battles between players.
13. In battles between players there can be stalemate situation. Example - one player has 10 imps, the other has 100 Ogre-Mages. Imps can fly over the battlefield and Ogre-Mages have no chance to catch them up. In such situations the attacker must flee or surrender. If Shackles of War artefact is present - the battle must be finished in autocombat mode.
14. If the connection is broken for some reason (unstable connection, hangup of the game) - game must be restarted from autosave and player must make the same moves and actions he (she) did before hangup, even in battles, if possible.
15. **The Council has the right to change the rules at any time. In this case players must be informed before the game has started. During the game rules can not be altered.

Hoher
Fairy Dragon
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

19 дек 2003, 14:03Сообщение

You can download tournament edited maps from http://www.heroesleague.ru/maps/?homm=4 ... &artid=734

Tc_Fear
Halberdier
Halberdier

19 дек 2003, 14:14Сообщение

Hello,

question about maps

is it posible to add more maps :
superheroes
way or the worrior
deathvalley
maybe some others
?
popular maps

TC
mmmmda....
Последний раз редактировалось Tc_Fear 19 дек 2003, 14:30, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Tc_Fear
Halberdier
Halberdier

19 дек 2003, 14:28Сообщение

ups sry for russian :D
maybe I missed it somethere but......
online one ll be on Gamespy ?
mmmmda....

Hoher
Fairy Dragon
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

19 дек 2003, 15:23Сообщение

Tc_Fear писал(а):Hello,

question about maps

is it posible to add more maps :
superheroes
way or the worrior
deathvalley
maybe some others
?
popular maps

TC
yes, list of tournament maps is preliminary and may be changed by wishes of players.
Tc_Fear писал(а):ups sry for russian :D
maybe I missed it somethere but......
online one ll be on Gamespy ?
sure, on-line ll be on game spy or using direct tcp/ip.

Exeter
Marksman
Marksman

22 дек 2003, 10:50Сообщение

Ok, thanks for all your infos. Be sure the ArchangelCastle team construction is in progress :D . Could the Team Leader be a judge too? is 3 the max number of players for on line competition? Must them be the same for all tours?
Another request: Thanks to Hoher for the online tour description. Could we have the same thing for the others kind of competition?
Thanks for your help :wink:

Alan Prost
Fairy Dragon
Контактная информация:

22 дек 2003, 11:26Сообщение

Exeter писал(а): ........
Could the Team Leader be a judge too?
Why not? General leader can be Team Leader and can be Judge and Player too.

is 3 the max number of players for on line competition? Must them be the same for all tours?
Of course not. 3 players in team - is a minimum! Different players can participate in each type of competition and in each tour of one competition. Captain of the team is to present a list of players for a tour of a competition. That means that in different tours of one competition different players can fight, but all of them must be included in the list presented by the captain before the tour begins. (The time limits for application submiting will be discussed by all of us in the competitions' regulations)

Another request: Thanks to Hoher for the online tour description. Could we have the same thing for the others kind of competition?
Thanks for your help :wink:
Yup.
Не уверен - не обгоняй:)